The Annual Block Party is a free event every summer featuring free food, clothing, bicycle giveaways and more!
In 2016, the Public Defender’s Office began hosting its annual Oakland Community Block Party, co-sponsored by Alameda County Supervisor Nate Miley.
Always totally free, and usually held in East Oakland in the summer time, the Block Party offers a wide variety of family-friendly activities and services, including free legal services.
Previous Block Parties have featured:
- Eligibility information for Medi-Cal, CalWorks, CalFresh and general assistance
- Criminal Records repair through the Public Defender's Clean Slate program
- Blood Pressure Screening & CPR Demonstrations
- Job Training & High School Completion
- Voter Registration
- Employment Opportunities
- Public Health Information
- Face Painting and Art Activities
- Live DJ
The Block Party is currently on hold due to COVID-19. Click here to join our newsletter and be notified when the next Block Party is scheduled.
Below are some highlights from previous Block Parties:
Scroll through more photos from the 2019 Block Party here: